
Today I canned salsa. It was really fun, and really not at all difficult. I just got up this morning and decided that today was the day that I was going to can salsa. I have been talking to everyone I know that has done any type of canning and searching the internet for the past week trying to find a good recipe that seemed easy enough for my first canning experience. I found this great salsa recipe on recipe zaar and the reviews were all so good that I knew it was the one for me. I started at 1:00 this afternoon and worked until I was done about three hours later. I had so much fun! Lately I have been a little bored and had this huge need to try something new. This cured my boredom and has me excited to try other things. The next thing on my canning agenda is jam and pickled beets. I'm getting up early on Saturday to visit the farmers market. Then I plan to come home and get to work. If anyone is interested in joining Loni, my Mom and I on Saturday it is sure to be a good time. I am serious, everyone is welcome to join us for more salsa making and hopefully some jam will work it's way in there too.












6 comments:
Lindsey, those look really good! I'm excited to get to work on the rest of the bottling! I feel like I will have finally learned how to be a true "homemaker". I can't wait to taste that salsa!
Canning is a lot of fun and pretty easy and it's nice to have all that food storage. On your comment when you asked if you could come see Korver, of course you can. I would love to have you come.
That looks so good. Have you eaten any? I think that I might just have to give it a try. I LOVE your music.
Look at you, you domestic goddess you! I am IMPRESSED. Now come and teach me ;-)
I'm so impressed! The only thing I've canned is jam and that was only under the careful supervision of my grandmother who's been doing it for nearly 85 years. By the way, where did you get that cute background? I love halloween!
Good for you!! I put off canning most years. this year I did jam, but hat is it. I always think "i should have canned this year, but oh well." My mother in law was going to bring me some of her peaches and didn't have time to pick them before she came for a visit so ended up just canning them for me (24 quarts). I was not about to complain. I was pretty excited. I love peaches. good job! mary
oh and i love "thriller"
Post a Comment