Thursday, March 17, 2011

{Our New Addition}


Two weeks ago Brad called me from work, I said hello and he said "Do ya want a dog?" I sat there for 3 seconds and said yes! Then I asked what kind yada, yada and hung up. I then started to think, oh a puppy is so much work, what did I just agree to? But I'm not going to kid ya, I was so very excited! We decided to not say anything to the kids until we picked her up. That just about killed me! I wanted to tell Lexi sooooo bad! She has been asking for a puppy for the last couple of years. I knew she would be so thrilled. Fast forward eight hours...we get the kids in the car and tell them that we have a surprise for them. Lexi gets way excited and says, "Are we going to McDonald's?" Our reply, "NO". Lexi: "Are we going to Jumpin' Jack's?" Brad: "No". Lexi: "Are we going to Lagoon?" Brad: "No, it's March...Lagoon's not open". We are going to Sara's house." Lexi and Rowen: "Where?" We told them the we were going to visit someone who worked with Dad, and they were not impressed! A few minutes later we arrive at Sara's and go inside. Lexi: "Oh look she has puppies...can I play with them?" Sara: "Yes, you can." We watch for a second and then tell her that we are bringing one home. Lexi was excited to say the least! It was so fun springing this on our kids. I told them that we were naming her Stella (the one condition I had in getting a dog was that I got to name her). Rowen has been so so with her. He plays with her a little, but Lexi just loves her. She has been so grown up and has done such a good job taking her out to go potty, cleaning up the mess and doing whatever we ask her to do. She always said she would take care of a dog and not complain...she has held to it! We really lucked out with Stella, she is so easy going and really has been so much fun! I have not regretted saying yes to the dog at all. It seems like she has been part of our family for a long time!

1 comments:

Loni

Stella has got to be the cutest dog ever! Love the pic of Lexi and her dog! Welcome doggie Stella!